Creating Beautiful Smiles
Complimentary Cosmetic Consultation
Your first step is a Complimentary Cosmetic Consultation.
- We’ll find out what your objectives and expectations are for your smile.
- We’ll evaluate your entire mouth, including the health and aesthetics of your teeth.
- We'll create a Personalized Smile Design with SNAP!® imaging software.
- We’ll make recommendations about which procedures should be included in your smile makeover.
- We’ll also give you other options, so you can make an informed decision as to which procedures are right for your smile.
- We’ll answer any questions you have.
Conditions We Can Fix with Cosmetic Dentistry
Whatever it is you don’t like about your smile, there are many different ways we can improve it through high-tech cosmetic dentistry. Do any of these apply to you?
- Chipped tooth? Rough spots? We can repair a chipped tooth or rough spots with porcelain veneers or dental bonding, which is the application of a tooth-colored composite resin to repair a decayed, chipped, fractured or discolored tooth.
- Broken-down teeth? We use porcelain crowns or inlays or onlays to handle broken-down teeth.
- Uneven gum line? Re-contouring can re-shape your teeth.
- Gummy smile? We can remove excess gum tissue with our gentle soft-tissue lasers
- Teeth are too small or badly shaped? Another option is the application of porcelain veneers to make teeth both uniform in color and size.
Advanced training and state-of-the-art technology can help you achieve the smile you have always wanted.
- Stained or discolored teeth? Typically teeth are whitened in the office with Ultradent® Opalescence®. To maintain your smile, you’d be given a take-home tray using Bright White. Porcelain veneers are another option for badly stained or discolored teeth.
- Cavities or silver (metal) fillings? We can replace your unsightly metal fillings with a natural-looking tooth-colored filling.
- Gaps between your teeth? Many times, gaps can be treated with orthodontics. But if you’re looking for a fast effective treatment, gaps can be closed with porcelain veneers and sometimes dental bonding.
- Crooked teeth? In some cases crooked teeth can be given a uniform appearance with porcelain veneers. For more severe cases, we can offer a series of orthodontic choices ranging from braces to almost invisible aligners.
Our Approach to a Beautiful Smile Makeover
Once you decide to move forward with your smile makeover, we take a series of digital photos and take impressions using our digital scanner. We upload the information to our 3D design software so we can plan your smile virtually. We may create a wax study model that will look like your final smile. We can also use this model to study your bite with a dental articulator to make sure that your future smile is in alignment. There are a variety of procedures we use to create your new smile.
One-Visit Porcelain Veneers
Thin porcelain facings are bonded to your teeth to cover discoloration, chips, gaps, mildly crooked teeth, and more. With our 3D in-house restoration system we can prepare beautiful veneers in just one short visit!
The dental bonding procedure uses a composite resin as a more affordable, although not as durable, alternative to porcelain veneers.
We use state-of-the-art teeth straightening solutions including Invisalign® clear braces and straight wire braces for teeth straightening in half the time.
Professional Teeth Whitening
Smiles of Virginia Beach uses Ultradent products and custom take-home whitening trays to give you a beautiful bright smile.
Dental Implants for Missing Teeth
We use state-of-the-art implant technology to give you minimally invasive teeth replacement.
One-Visit Porcelain Crowns
Smiles of Virginia Beach uses our in-house 3D restoration system to fit you with beautiful, natural-looking, and durable crowns in one visit.
Porcelain Onlays and Inlays
Large cavities or broken-down teeth can be restored using onlays or inlays to cover over or between tooth cusps. These more conservative restorations can be used instead of a crown.
Smiles of Virginia Beach uses a soft-tissue laser to even out your gum line or to treat a gummy smile.
“White fillings,” or composite dental fillings, bond directly to the tooth and expand like natural teeth, making them stronger and less likely to cause cracks than older amalgam fillings. While traditional amalgam tooth fillings usually required removal of a healthy portion of the tooth, composite dental fillings allow us to remove only the decayed area. We only use tooth-colored dental fillings because they’re durable, attractive, and color and strength-compatible with adjacent teeth.
Transform Your Smile
To find out more about how you can enhance the appearance of your smile with cosmetic dentistry, contact our office online or call (757) 481-3000 today to schedule your complimentary smile design consultation.